Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Homemade Pet Food

I recently read a comment where one reader pointed out that she makes her own pet food. That is a great idea! Foods designed for human consumption obviously have much stricter guidelines regarding safety and ingredient control. I was lucky, I feed Science Diet which thankfully is not on the recall list. However, my roommate feeds IAMS, and I have been absolutely neurotic about keeping my dog away from it.

Anyway, my boyfriend dragged me into the Roseville Meat Market, where they literally walk a cow in the back door and...yeah. The smell of death almost made me puke, and I am eating vegetarian for the next few days. What I did notice was that they sold "pet food" right alongside the flank steak and ribs. It's very inexpensive (well, if you feed a Chihuahua) and fixing your pet a little bit of fresh, non-preservative chicken or beef pet food from the butcher is great for piece of mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice but you can visit this blog
dog’s food recipes
it is very nice blog that gives you dog recipes
that are not affordable in any other site
it is really amazing, they put new recipes everyday.